Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pure melon sorbet & book signing in Singapore!


Oh, hello! Remember me?
I cannot believe that it has been nearly six months since I last posted an entry. Time flies! There are so many things to update: my trip to Hanoi & Hoi An, my cookbook with Chi Anh finally releasing *soon*, and also the upcoming trip to Singapore/Hanoi to release not one, but two cookbooks! I will update the on this blog soon!But it has been confirmed that we will be hosting a baking class in Tott Singapore in April! Come and join us if you are around! Check the details here.
But I am writing this post about summer, and how it has left so fast. This summer witnessed some crazy weather patterns, with heat wave above 40 deg C over a number of days. And it also had a fair share of cold days too. Such erratic weather pattern meant NO TOMATOES this year! No basil for me too. I cannot wait for next summer glory to return….
But well, this sorbet helped me to survive a few days of intense summer heat! It has a pure fruity taste and a great cooling effect. I have not been fond of cakes, pastries or any dairy-based desserts or ice-cream lately, so something like this is simply wonderful.

Pure melon sorbet (Sorbetto di melone)
Serving Size: 2-4
A recipe by Ursula Ferrigno
Ingredients
  • 1 ripe cantaloupe melons
  • 75g-150g sugar
  • a squeeze of lemon juice
Instructions
  1. Cut the melon in half, remove the skin and the seeds. Cut into chunks, then puree in a food processor until smooth.
  2. Add sugar to taste (I tend to add quite a minimum amount).
  3. Chill the puree overnight, then freeze in the fridge, or churn in an ice-cream machine. Store in the freezer. Leave the container out for 10 mins or so to soften a bit before eating.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Share By Recipes Delicious Asian Cuisine