Saturday, April 26, 2014

Matcha Bubble Tea


Melbourne weather is strange! Just last week, the warmer sunny weather gave me so much hope for spring. And then, it got cold and windy all over again. I feel a bit betrayed (!) actually.
Despite the weather, we got some progress in organizing our gardens. The front garden was almost there! I planted a lot of roses before the end of July, and hopefully they will grow and blossom this summer. While I am patiently waiting for that moment, the camellia tree is blooming with the most beautiful flowers I have seen. So. Pretty!
Enough about the weather, gardening and B&W photos! Today I actually have something to share. It is one of my personal favorite drinks – bubble tea, with matcha flavor! This is more of a warm weather drink which I will serve up more often once spring and summer come back. Can´t wait!
{I realize bubble tea can be strange to several people. :) Here´s the link to a nice article about it!


Matcha Bubble Tea (Matcha Pearl Milk Tea)
Ingredients – for 2 or 3 serves
50g large tapioca pearls
750ml milk
2 tablespoons matcha powder
80g sugar
Method
Cook the tapioca pearls in a large pot of boiling water. The cooking time will vary depending on the brand. There´s a quick cook variety in Asian shops, which I have used here. Once the pearls are cooked, drain well and keep them in a bowl.
Bring the milk to the boil and add in sugar and matcha powder. Stir until everything is dissolved. Taste to see if you are happy with the level of sweetness.
Cool the milk mixture in the fridge. Serve cold in a glass with the cooked tapioca pearls and crushed ice if preferred.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Share By Recipes Delicious Asian Cuisine